Hostel life for any student is one of the unforgettable moments and at Vedavyasa College of Architecture makes stay memorable by providing a holistic atmosphere. Staying at hostel encourage the students to become responsible and independent. It also gives an opportunity to work in a team and develop a sense of understanding of the society as students are from diversified areas and families. There are separate hostels for girls and boys on campus for about 300 residents on double/triple /four sharing basis which give them greater opportunities to interact and learn from each other. Students maintain a healthy environment which by working together for projects, assignments and extend a sagacity of togetherness.
Rules and Regulations
- Ragging is Strictly Prohibited: Ragging in any form i.e. making unpleasant noise, disorderly conduct, doing any act which causes or likely to cause physical or psychological harm or raise apprehension or fear of shame or an embarrassment to the new student whether by words, spoken or written or by an act which include teasing, abusing, playing practical jokes on or causing hurt to such students or asking the new student to do any act or to perform such things which such student will not in the ordinary course willingly to do is strictly forbidden. If anyone is found guilty of directly/indirectly involved in or abetting ragging, she will be punished/rusticated/ expelled/suspended from the institute.
- A girl Student must submit the names and addresses of the local guardians with their signature, if any, duly authorized by the parents (or authorized guardian as per declaration in the admission form) in the prescribed form available with the warden.
- he hostellers themselves are personally responsible to safeguard their belongings. They are advised not to keep large amounts of cash or valuables like gold ring, costly wristwatch etc., in their rooms. They should also take care of their Purse, Calculators, Cell Phones, Lap tops, Computers, Books and other belongings at their own risk. In case of theft or loss of any item the hostel authorities/institute will not be responsible for such loss.
- The hostellers are neither allowed to keep private electrical equipment nor would tamper with electrical fittings provided in rooms. Unauthorized possession will lead to confiscation of the goods besides punishment.
- It is mandatory for students residing in the Hostel to join the college canteen. No hosteller is permitted to take food in the room except for those reported sick with prior permission of hostel warden.
- Smoking, Gambling in any form such as Playing Cards (even without money at stake), consumption of alcohol, including light alcoholic beverages and wine, use of drugs and narcotics and even possession of such things are prohibited. Anyone found indulging in the use of such things will not only be evicted from the hostel but also be rusticated from the institute.
- Rough handling of dining hall furniture, room furniture or any furniture/property or fittings of the hostel is strictly forbidden.
- The institute timings are 9.00 am to 4.00 pm. Students are not allowed to stay in the hostel during the class hours unless such stay is permitted as unavoidable due to illness or any other valid reason. In such cases they should take the permission and communicate the information to the Warden in writing.
- No student shall leave the hostel without prior permission of the hostel warden
- Use of any electrical appliances except table-lamp and mobile-charger, is not prohibited.
- All students will report for the Roll Call every day as per prescribed timings (8.00 pm).
- No student shall remain absent from the hostel during night between 7.00 pm to 5.00 am unless she has obtained night out pass from the hostel warden. Night out permission to hostellers will be given on week-ends only if the request of the inmate has prior approval of the parents routed through office.
- Prior permission of the warden must be taken by the girl student for leaving to their homes.
- If any girl student has to go to the town for any work, she must write the purpose, place, time of leaving and time of return in the register with the security guard on duty. She must return to the hostel at least by 7 P.M.
- Students requiring to attend wedding, other social functions and going outstation will require permission of the class tutor, HOD and hostel warden subject to receipt of written request for the same from parents of the student.
- Hostellers are not allowed to go out of the campus during classes. It is reiterated that the students staying In-campus hostels are permitted to go out of the hostels for local shopping on Wednesday and Holidays with prior permission/intimation as per following timings. Wednesday Outing Timings: 4.30 pm to 6.30 pm.Sundays and Holidays Outing Timings: Summers: 10.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- Students having any Chronic/Communicable disease are not allowed to stay in hostel. Hostellers falling sick or feel symptoms of sickness should report to hostel warden for evacuation to hospital.
- Parents/Guardians/Visitors can meet their wards in hostel with the permission of the hostel warden before 7.00 pm. No Parent/Guardian/Visitor is allowed to stay in their room. Male visitors are not allowed to visit students in their living rooms.
- No notice will be displayed by hostel inmates in the institute/hostel notice board without the countersignature of hostel warden.
- The Institute/Hostel authorities will conduct surprise checks periodically and if anyone is found violating the above rules, disciplinary action will be taken against her. The hostel rooms are subject to inspection by the Institute/Hostel authorities to make sure that they are kept neat and tidy and no unauthorized items like liquor, drugs, lethal weapons etc., are kept in the room.
- Day scholars are not allowed to enter the hostel. Lights and fans shall be switched off when no one is in the room.
- Modification or addition of rules may be made and communicated as and when necessary
s. Anjali K (Dept. of EEE, Ph. No. 9446891854)