To promote quality culture as the prime concern of the Institution through systematic incorporation of all the quality-enhancing and sustaining initiatives,
taken with internal and external support
To create a purposeful, consistent, and catalytic quality improvement system that supports the college's faculty and students in all their endeavors
The primary aim of the IQAC is
- To play the role of a catalyst and develop a mechanism to promote conscious and consistent action plans to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution
To promote institutional quality enhancement and sustenance through the internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of the best practices
IQAC Functions & Benefits
Functions expected of IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks
- Setting parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty development to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all the stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all the stakeholders
- Organization of intra- and inter-institutional workshops and seminars on quality- related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of the best practices
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining and enhancing institutional quality
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audits along with their follow-up activities
Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per the guidelines and parameters of NAAC
IQAC will facilitate / contribute to
- Ensuring clarity and focus in the institution’s march towards quality enhancement
- Ensuring internalization of quality culture
- Ensuring enhancement and coordination among the various units and activities of the institution and institutionalizing all good practices
- Providing a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning
- Acting as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs
- Building a sound methodology for documentation and internal communication
IQAC QUALITY POLICY
The College has a fully operational Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) to continuously improve quality as a means of 'improvement' and to keep the institution's outstanding work going. The IQAC conducts its assessments in regard to the institution's own self-assessment as well as external benchmarks.
The College makes decisions that are independent, unbiased, rigorous, comprehensive, fair, and consistent.
The quality policy of IQAC focuses on
- Internalisation of quality and act as a catalyst for the institution's performance improvement
- Internal quality awareness while also establishing credibility for external quality assessment
- Commitment to the creation of a culture that values quality and assures quality in the work place
- Evaluation of students using a set of defined criteria, rules, and processes that are followed regularly
- Ensuring programmes to improve the quality and competency of staff
- Ensures that the resources provided to aid student learning are sufficient and appropriate for each programme offered
- Documentation for both the internal and external evaluations. The objective, procedures and content expectations for the self-evaluation process are documented
- External quality assurance of the College and/or programmes would be performed. The duration of the cycle, as well as the review methods to be used, would be clearly established and made public ahead of time
- Regular follow up of actionable recommendations and future action plan through a predetermined follow-up procedure.
The main thrust areas improving through the above is
- Internal and External Audits
- External Evaluation
- Co and Extracurricular Activities
IQAC Strategic Plan
VVIT practices strategic planning to achieve targets in different academic dimensions.
It also analyses the current institutional and higher education scenario, foresees the future and prepares perspective plans.
One of its approaches to strategic planning is adhering to Five Year and Annual Planning, which was initiated in 2018.
Departments present the long term and the annual targets to be achieved in a format designed by IQAC, which is prepared based on the academic focus of the College. The areas include Curriculum development, Teaching Learning Evaluation, research, consultancy, extension, Seminars/Conferences/Workshops,infrastructure,Student Support and Progression,Governance, Leadership, and Management,Institutional Values and Best Practices.
IQAC quality Initiatives
Structured Stakeholder Feedback
Stakeholder feedback has been an integral part of the quest towards excellence of the institution.
Annual alumni meetings, exit evaluation of students, annual parent-teacher meetings and employers’ meet were all institutionalized mechanisms of receiving feedback for decades.
The institution moved into more structured systems of feedback, especially on the curriculum for ensuring and sustaining quality in curriculum development, delivery and outcome attainment.
Academic Year Stakeholder Feedback Analysis Report